Sunday, December 20, 2015

Tia's Home for the Holidays! (And I'm single-momming it.)

It has been nutso in the Hughes house lately. First, I had to pick up Maddie from school with a fever (that miraculously went away 24 hours later - woohoo!) and then Chris went down hard with a stomach bug (and is still down, YUCK!) In between we had Sydney's Christmas Program, a holiday party and a Breakout!

So, allow me to recap.

I am loving my Wednesday's with my little Sydney. We have so much fun together.

 Kneecaps and shins - BEWARE. I think she believes she's in the INDY 500 when she gets her cart.

On Thursday, we went to see Sydney star in her Christmas Program. Ok, she wasn't Mary or baby Jesus, but she was still so so so cute and sweet! She was a present.
 Marching in the processional. 

The presents on the first row, by baby Jesus.

Considering Maddie had a little fever and Sydney was being Sydney, this was the best we could get.

We celebrated her stealing the show at Hometown Pizza with both sets of grandparents!
 Piggies on point.

On Friday, Maddie woke up with no fever - yay!! Chris woke up with a tummy ache. And it went downhill from there. ALL night Friday night. 

So the girls and I headed to see tia who had gotten in late Thursday.

She can't be home for Christmas, but this is pretty close!!
 Don't ask. The Troll was mine as a kid and is now this weird family joke.

Reunited!

On Saturday we had our holiday party with my aunt.


The troll. I can't.


Monkey see, Monkey do. Maddie bopping grandpa, so Syd is too.

Notice Chris is STILL sick. Party was moved from our house and I did my best to take care of him while keeping myself and the girls a safe distance. Because, Christmas. And because, someone in my house is sick on EVERY holiday. And I am over that.

Maddie asks me ALL the time if I can sleep with her. I always tell her no because mommies are supposed to sleep with daddies. Since Chris was so sick I told her I would sleep with her. She was so jazzed about our mommy-Maddie sleepover.
 She slept like a rock. Like a rock that tosses and turns ALL NIGHT LONG. Oh my gosh I had a foot in my mouth at one point. I woke up exhausted.

After church on Sunday we went to O'Charleys brunch where our food took a sweet forever. The girls did great...the first 25 minutes. The last 15 of waiting got a little touch and go. So we resorted to handing them phones for distraction.
Sydney selfie.

Maddie Selfie.

After, we did Breakout as a family. If you're wondering if I'm obsessed, YES. It's super fun. 
 Sisters!

Are we gonna breakout? 

 YEP!

Again, Chris was supposed to be in our room with us. But it's Sunday and he is STILL sick. It's day 3 y'all. I need my boo back. I'm whooped trying to nurse him back to health and keep the 3 of us healthy, all while entertaining and visiting with my sister. My house looks like a category four storm came through.  Poor Chris. He's miserable. I know he wanted to get under 200 pounds but this wasn't the way he wanted to do it. It has been rough. Praying he turns around tomorrow!!


No comments:

Post a Comment