Sunday, December 6, 2015

Another Winter, another ear infection.

Deja vu, right? I know you are asking yourself if I have used this title before. Oh, I'm sure I have. Probably at the start of Winter 2014, and Winter 2013 and...

But I digress. Anyways, Sydney has been running a low grade fever since Thursday. She was complaining only about her tummy hurting so we assumed she needed to go bathroom. (Maddie's MO was also to run a little 99-100 temp when she had to use the bathroom.) Sydney was acting rather happy until she woke us in the middle of the last night.  I went up to get her and she was on fire. But with goosebumps and shaking. 

I got a look in her right ear and saw no infection and the tube looked clear. I couldt get a clear picture of her left ear. But, since that ear doesn't have a tube she has to go on antibiotic anyways for an infection. So, we ran to the clinic and got our official confirmation and a prescription. Nasty ear infection.
She was NOT happy. 

May the official count start now. Winter - 1, Sydney's Ears - 0.

We are on antibiotic and seem to be trending up so let's hope she wakes up without a fever in the morning. And, more importantly, lets hope she actually responds to antibiotic. My gut tells me she will have round 2 of tubes before this season is over but my fingers are crossed I'm wrong!

Also over the weekend, we had Chris's company holiday party. We had a great time with his coworkers.


I also took Maddie to Stella Murph's birthday party. It is really sweet watching Madeline with her preschool friends. She has a pretty tight little group of girls she hangs with every day.

 This little Maddie of ours is going to be 5 at the end of the month!!

No comments:

Post a Comment