Thursday, December 24, 2015

Headed into Christmas!

Thanks for all the texts this week about Chris. I have a very loyal blog following it seems. You know about 19 people. HAHAHA.

But I actually did get quite a few messages asking about Chris.

Turns out, he has said this is officially the sickest he has ever been. And, since I've been around him since he was 15, I have to agree it's the sickest I've seen him. We are on day 7, DAY SEVEN, of something still being wrong. He is slowly, SLOWLY, trending up but it's been a long week of vomiting, nausea and just generally feeling like sludge. He's a little concerned since we are 2 weeks out from the big race, so we are hoping the next few days he turns around quick.

****

Last week I took the girls to the library to create a handprint calendar. It seemed like something I could do by myself. That was a no.  One of my children was very focused on each month's design. The other was literally covered in ink, putting her hands on everything she could stamp. She left many a handprint on the table. The calendar did turn out super cute though.

Each month was a different design using their handprints. 

March was Red Fish, Blue Fish.

April was The Hungry Caterpillar

There was a cute little crab in October.

And, Sydney's personal favorite, the fireworks in July. She really went to town on this one. HA!

I got lots of fun mail this week. Since I work from home, getting the mail is one of the true highlights of my day. :)

First I got my Humana secret pal gift. 
My work team all drew a name and we mailed presents to each other.  

Then I got my neighborhood secret pal gift! Our neighborhood women have a secret pal program that runs 8 months of the year. We give at least one gift each month to our pals. It's been a ton of fun getting surprises in my mailbox and on my porch, when I least expect it.
I got all kinds of goodies this month: a poinsettia, red wine, a Vera Bradley blanket and slippers, and more! What fun!

On Wednesday we went to Christmas Eve Eve Service at church. 
 
This little girl played Mary in the Christmas Play for the preschool ministry. It was hilarious listening to her telling us about the story.

"So, I was Mary. Then, Joseph, pulled me across the room in a wagon. We went to Bethlemen and knocked on a lot of doors. No room. No room. No room, they said. So then Joseph pulled me to the stage. Except the stage was a stable. Then Mary had a very special baby. Baby Jesus."

I think she got the high points. :)

It's been a fun month and we've enjoyed getting Christmas cards from friends and family.
 

Tomorrow we wake up and celebrate the birth of our Savior!

No comments:

Post a Comment