In college, daylight savings ROCKED. Nothing made me happier than "falling back" and the extra hour of sleep I got.
Then I had kids.
And I realized that Daylight Savings was a dirty dirty concept. Anyone with kids knows that on "Fall Back" Sunday, when all of your kidless friends are sleeping, you might be up at 6AM. One time, Maddie had us up at 530 and we were having lunch at 10. This time, both of our kids miraculously slept until 7 so that was FANTASTIC. They were a little crabby that night (it felt an hour later to them) but overall, we survived. Probably our best time change since Maddie was born.
Sunday, we took daddy to the museum. I knew he would love spending time with Madeline there. I followed Sydney around while Maddie and daddy played.
They built a tall track.
They tested an earthquake on their buildings.
Daddy hooked her on to a rope and she navigated the ropes maze.

Trying to put herself in a bubble.

Sydney spent time at the magnet station again…she loves the loud noises!

And then I chased her around for another hour while Maddie and daddy explored!
Sunday afternoon Maddie and I had lunch with cousin Gracie. The girls played so nicely at the restaurant together!
We clean the playroom on Sundays so there's always a lot of open space (until Monday when it becomes a disaster zone again) to play in. Maddie pulled Sydney on her sleeping bag and the girls were laughing and laughing.
Laying back, belly laughing.
Then daddy pulled both girls.
On Wednesday, we played at home in the morning. Sydney had a little runny nose so she took a morning nap. I went in to check on her and found her like this, hoarding her pacifiers.
One in her mouth, one in her hand, one under her tummy…sounds about right. She sleeps with about 8 every night. She loves her pacifier. It's going to be fun breaking that habit. I'm getting a rash just thinking about it. Madeline was a terror when we took hers away. I'm not seeing Sydney being any better.
Maddie made her own lunch!
(Peanut butter and fluff sandwich)
After lunch, we headed to All About Kids so the girls could burn some energy. They were both very brave!
Maddie's first time on the top of the rock wall.
Then she hopped up on the beam and cat-walked all the way across, by herself.
Sydney thought the pit was hilarious. She's always been afraid of it, but not Wednesday. She jumped right in!
We had some fun in the afternoon sun!
Maddie has pretty much weaned herself from her nap. Usually when Sydney is napping, I try to really focus on my big girl. We play Candy Land, bake, color, play playdoh…really whatever we can think of! This day she wanted to snuggle and watch Cinderella. A few minutes in I heard her deep breathing and, sure enough, she was OUT. So I took a little nap too. :)
Almost four…can you believe it!

















No comments:
Post a Comment