Sweet Maddie girl has an ear infection. UGH! I know they hurt and I feel so bad for her. This time I could SEE the infection. She was acting pretty normal but I noticed she had some dry gunk outside of her ear. So I peeked in and…well, there it was. So, off to our favorite ped we went.
Sitting in the waiting room.
I taught Madeline the word "selfie"
How we feel about ear infections.
Turns out, one tube is in place and draining (the ear with the infection) and one tube has fallen out. We got her some drops for the infection and were referred to the ENT. We actually already had an ENT appointment for Friday so I'm anxious to hear what he says.
Even with the infection, she's in relatively good spirits. Helping me cook some lemon chicken by squeezing the lemons.
As for Sydney, she's up to her usual tricks. It can be difficult to cook dinner (because she usually wants to be held) so I have to try to find ways to entertain her. She's very into the spice drawer right now.
She pulls something out, shakes it, and then slams it on the floor.

And so it goes, until that bores her.
Then, she goes and plays on the little table. Except, I caught her doing this so she got in trouble.
She got her hands on the drums one night and thought that was great!
Funny sister story.
The other night, the girls were playing together in the living room while Chris and I cleaned up after dinner. It got quiet so we looked over and Maddie was playing by herself with a baby doll. Quick check to the stairs (Sydney is a MAGNET to those things) and they're empty. "Maddie, where's your sister?!" I ask. Maddie looks up, opens the cabinet and says, "Here!"
And, there she was. Just hanging out. Not crying, not talking. Just sitting in the cabinet, with the door closed.

Just a day in the life, folks.








No comments:
Post a Comment