Saturday, February 8, 2014

Gymnastics Class!

Maddie took her first gymnastics class BY HERSELF yesterday! When she did gymnastics at 18 months, I did it with her. But, at 3, the kids do the class with no parents. I was a little nervous because she tends to be shy at first and she asked me all morning if I could do the class with her. But, as soon as she got there and saw no other parents with the kids she marched in. She looked up, made sure I was there, waved and was completely fine.

 Stretching.


The youngest and smallest three year old. She was so into it, she stood in the front. Look at that discipline!!

I took all kinds of video and pictures. All the other moms were playing on their phones and I was the crazy one acting like my kid was the next Shawn Johnson. But it was so cute!!  

After the class, I talked to the teacher. Since Maddie is a very new three, I wasn't quite sure she was ready. She did very well following directions but, a few times, wandered off while she waited her turn. Case in point. All of the kids lined up for the trapeze. When her turn was over, she went over and climbed on the balance beam. BUT, the teacher said she did fantastic. She said Madeline was one of the only ones who had the strength to hold her body weight when they did handstands (she has always been very very strong) and her listening/wandering was typical of the whole class. So, I guess we will stay with the big kids!
And, listen, I'm not trying to brag. But she obviously had the best form on the trapeze. 

Sydney had a blast watching too!


We had a car lunch after. This is quickly becoming one of Maddie's favorite things. I have no clue why. But she thinks its such a special treat to sit with me up front and eat. She always chooses this over going home and eating. 

Outside of gymnastics, we had a fun week.
 Decorating a big cookie.

I had my monthly GNO with my co-workers.


Sydney went to grandma's and Madeline had a daddy-daughter date to their usual spot, EarthFare.

Lots of special loving on this angel too! She's getting so big. I'm so fortunate to be able to snuggle with this one...

And play with this one!!




No comments:

Post a Comment