Monday, February 17, 2014

Busy week!

SATURDAY
Last week, my niece Quinn, turned one. We celebrated on Saturday and had a great time!

Maddie had so much fun making sand art!

Next up was the piƱata. She had never seen/hit one before. So, it was very surprising to her when she hit the final blow and it crashed to the floor!
Planning her strategy!


She was a little surprised at first, but once she saw the mad scramble for candy, she hopped right in!


Always a good time in Lexington!

MONDAY
On Mondays, the girls go to their nana and grandpa Hughes's house. They always have a lot of fun! Maddie skipped out on a nap that day and we learned (again) that she still needs a daily rest. We live less than a mile from them, but she totally passed out on the short trek home.

I say "again" because we've been trying to take Maddie off a nap. We test it every few months and she still needs it! I'm not sure when she'll break that habit...I mean I'm 30 and STILL love a good nap!


THURSDAY
On Thursday, we started Sydney on cereal! She has started waking up hungry in the middle of the night so we thought we'd try it out. I figured she'd be a little weirded out by it, but she GOBBLED it up. And loved it!!


FRIDAY
Friday was Valentine's day so I had breakfast with my two little Valentine's while daddy worked.
(No pic of Sydney because I was holding her! I need to take more selfies with the sweet little lady!)

Maddie went to school for a few hours for her class Valentine's party.


That night, we ate spaghetti at home and then went to Graeter's. 






SATURDAY
 Maddie got her first hair cut! 



That night, Daddy and I celebrated six wonderful years at Corbett's. Our meal was a little adventurous (we had a pork belly appetizer and Chris got a rack of boar for dinner) but delicious! And we really enjoyed the peaceful meal with just each other!

Chris drinking the "drink of love" that they gave us to toast our anniversary with. It tasted like a
liquid red hot.

SUNDAY
Tia and I took Maddie to All About Kids for Open Gym. You have the run of the entire facility so Madeline spent most of the time preparing for the Olympics on the gymnastics equipment.




And, finally, we closed the weekend giving Sydney a cereal facial! 

Whew! Are you tired? Because we were! Always busy in the Hughes house!

No comments:

Post a Comment