Friday, November 29, 2013

Grateful.

Well, I went back to work Monday. It wasn't terrible, but it wasn't the best day of my week either! I had more than 1,000 emails to go through. After deleting the emails that didn't require my action, I was left with 200 that required me to really read each one. While it was great to see my co-workers, it wasn't nearly as fun as snuggling on the couch with Sydney girl watching The Price is Right.

On Tuesday, sweet Sydney went to daycare for the first day. We had a cute outfit picked out for her but she spit up all over it and wound up wearing stripes.
She did fantastic! Her teachers said she was very alert, happy and napped well. I cried just a little, which was a big step up for me. With Madeline I cried buckets. BUCKETS. For TWO weeks. I thought about Sydney all day. At one point I called Chris and asked if it was too early for me to call and check on her. He said yes, as it had only been 45 minutes!! (I lasted until lunch when I called.)

Madeline LOVES school. She has a lot of friends and learns so much. I know Sydney will be the same way. Here is Maddie's class before their Thanksgiving lunch. Can you spot Mads?
Hint: She's second from right. 

Hittin' up the dress up.




On Thursday, we hosted Thanksgiving at our house. This was our first big holiday. It was great bringing both sets of our parents and siblings (we missed you Cedes!) together to eat and visit. 
My oldest turkey.

Thursday night, Laura and I went out shopping. We have so much fun hitting the deals. I got all kinds of things! I came home for a little rest and then Friday, Chris and I took the girls out!


I only had to say the word "shopping" to Maddie and she was bundled up ready to go. With 2 applesauces, a box of raisins and a juice box in her backpack. We pack rations, y'all, in case we shop all day!

Sydney was wondering what the heck Black Friday was and why she was being dragged into it.

 We picked up some things at PB Kids. 


Then burned some energy at the play land.



I was by myself with both girls at this point. Chris was in Eddie Bauer and I thought it was good practice for me to be alone. At first, we did fantastic. Sydney and I watched Madeline run around like a crazy person.

Then...I had to take both girls to the bathroom. And that's when it got nuts.
I pushed the double stroller into the bathroom but realized we couldn't all fit into one stall. A lady told me she would love to watch Sydney while I helped Maddie. So, Madeline peed with the door open while a stranger cooed in Sydney's face. After washing Maddie's hands I had to change Sydney. 

Except, with the stroller in its current configuration, you cannot get to the storage unless Maddie is out of the stroller. So, she got out of the stroller and dropped her raisins on the floor. I could see she was thinking about eating them (I almost fainted) so I asked her to throw them away and I swear she had to touch that trash can for like 3 straight minutes. Who even knows what she contracted. So I had to wash her hands again. By this point, Sydney is straight up purple crying so mad that I put her back in her car seat.  (While my phone rang 3 straight times. Chris wanted me to know he was in line for a pretzel.) 

Anyways...it was a really long story but suffice it to say...Madeline is going to have to hold it next time.   I'm sure taking the girls out by myself will get easier. I pray, anyways.

Tonight we had Thanksgiving leftovers and Maddie played with Stella. Stell thought she was settling in for a nap but ... didn't happen.


This has been a long week for me, with starting work, sending Sydney to daycare and hosting Thanksgiving. However, it only reminds me how fortunate Chris and I are. We both have reliable, flexible jobs that challenge us and support our family. Our girls have all four grandparents (and 2 great-grandparents) that shower them and us with love on a daily basis. 

Chris and I have been married almost six years and we still are best friends. We are a team and handle everything together.

My Madeline is my smart and sassy almost 3 year old who makes me laugh every day. She challenges me (and I don't even WANT TO THINK about her teenage years) but I have truly learned so much about myself and being a mother from her.

My Sydney is my last baby. I can already tell she is so much more patient than me. She is sweet and cuddly and I love spending time just holding her and staring at her.

Happy Thanksgiving. I am so grateful. I hope you are too.

1 comment:

  1. Your so funny! I have been there so many times with the bathroom thing! It will get better I promise, just wait until you have three! It's really crazy then :)

    ReplyDelete