Wednesday, May 6, 2015

I'll teach you about tap...

Well, it took 19 months but I did it. I found something that Sydney is afraid of. Dancing on top of the kitchen table? Loves it. Jumping off of chairs into your arms as you race to catch her? Laughs hysterically. 

But the splash park? That place TERRIFIED her. It was gorgeous today - 75 by 10 am! We went to the splash park and Maddie was jazzed. She immediately started running around happily. Sydney saw the water shoot up and shouted, "NOOOOOO," and then jumped into my arms. Where she sat for most of the time. She pinched me so hard afraid I was going to let her down. 


She was finally feeling brave enough to get down. Then the water started and she ran behind the table.


She was much happier on the other side of the park!
Hopefully she comes around to liking the spray ground or it's going to be a long summer.

We did a "quick" trip to Target for some pacifiers. 

Side note: We are really trying to start cutting down pacifier-time to the car and sleep but it's been difficult with Sydney being sick lately and just wanting comfort. Plus, she has two more teeth coming in (double digits now!) so we've been letting her indulge. But, I digress.

 A quick trip to Target with two kids? No such thing. We left with pacifiers, Frozen bubbles, grape chapstick and chocolate butterfly cakes, among other things. And, of course, a stop at the Barbie station.

Sydney went down for her nap and Madeline and I made fresh lemonade. She loved squeezing all of the lemons and then eating them. 

 Since it was super hot we got our pool out. 

I didn't put on Sydney's bathing suit because I didn't think she would get in. The water was freezing.
At first she just splashed around. 

Protecting that skin and head!

But then she got all the way in. With her milk and chair.
 
Genius. 

Most days my girls play nicely AND fight. They can easily move in and out of laughing hysterically to screaming.

Sydney was a little weary of the slide at first, but Maddie coaxed her in on it. She leaned over and said to her little sister, "Don't worry Sydney. I used to be scared too. But I'm big now. And I'll teach you how to go down the slide into the pool. And I'll teach you how to color and how to paint and I'll teach you about tap." This went on for a bit, with everything Maddie wanted to teach Sydney. It really was a sweet little moment between sisters. And then I think Sydney splashed her so it was over. 

The girls were WORN out after hours outside today. Early bedtimes for all. Even this one.
Sleeping with her feet ON the wall. Awesome. As if ruining our hardwood floors weren't enough….thanks Stella!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment