On Friday, tia got to check out of the Hughes hotel. She was officially off duty from being my body guard since Chris was coming home!
We loved having her spend the week with us.
That morning, I took the girls to their ENT check-up. All is good, so far. We've got 4 ears and 3 tubes (Madeline's right tube is hanging on, her left ear has healed completely.) I'm so glad Sydney's tubes are still in place--it's been a full year! Maddie's first set only lasted 5 months so it's a relief to not have to think about a second surgery for Sydney right now.
After the doctor, we headed to Chuck E Cheese. We got there a few minutes before it opened at 11, so we took some selfies.
The place was empty at first so we went through and rode everything before our pizza came out.
This was Sydney's jam. She rode this circle ride about 8 times.
Chuck E came out and did a song and dance show in the middle of the restaurant. The girls enjoyed it but kept their distance.
Sydney was NOT feeling Chuck E. I tried to take a pic of her and Maddie but she literally was squeezing me as hard as she could.
Side note: My kids did have shoes on except for a few minutes when they were in the play land. They hopped on this ride before I could get the shoes back on. I'm not totally from the back woods, y'all.
Race car driver Syd!
Sisters competing...it never stops!
We came home, rested and had some grilled cheese and tomato soup while we waited on daddy to get home. Sydney ate 2 bowls of tomato soup.
Daddy got home right at bedtime and the littles were jazzed to see him. Chris brought them both Real Madrid soccer balls which were huge hits.
Saturday morning, we used a gift card for breakfast at Verbena. Normally, I've got the girls with me but they were still clinging to daddy so I sat back and ate some chocolate chip waffles while they climbed on Chris.
While I was taking their pictures, Sydney put a jelly packet in her mouth. It burst and this is the aftermath.
That afternoon I went to a bridal shower for my friend Carla.
Me and Steph!
Sunday we got our zoo on with the Fertig's.
BFFs Sloane and Sydney
It was H-O-T HOT. Before we got in the car, we cooled off with some Dippin' Dots. I gave Syd a few spoonfuls from Maddie's bowl and she loved them.
We came home and rested. Maddie very very rarely naps (she occasionally falls asleep in the car) but she was whooped.
Sunday night Madeline and I took tia out for her birthday dinner. Her birthday isn't until July but we won't see her since she's moving in two weeks. She picked - what else? - The Melting Pot.
It was Madeline's first trip and she loved the fondue. She was a little meh on the actual dinner portion but she was ALL over the bread and cheese.
We ran out of oreo dusted marshmallows and we were sad.
So excited for the next step for Tia, but we will miss her terribly. She's my running buddy, Maddie's play mate and, of course, my little sister. Guess I will just have to go to Disney a few times over the next several months...





























No comments:
Post a Comment