Thursday, May 14, 2015

Holiday World Opening Day!

On Wednesday, my mom, sister and I took Madeline to Holiday World. I thought about taking little Sydney but she won't sit still for rides so I held off. Hopefully she can come with us next year!

We had a pretty perfect day. The park was literally empty. We rode every ride with no wait. After every ride, we were asked, "Do you want to go again?" Maddie LOVED this.

We started with the old time cars.

Then, the carousel.

Then the teacups. Madeline is a spinning-ride kind of girl. She laughs and laughs and laughs. I cannot ride these without getting dizzy so tia rode with her. 

We rode the roller coaster four times!


Family roller coaster selfie



This was Maddie's favorite ride. She and tia rode it 5 times. The little turkeys whip around and around on a spinning platform. Mom only rode it once and got off nauseous. She had to sit on a bench for some time to recover.  I didn't even attempt it.

Maddie desperately wanted on these swings but she wasn't tall enough.

There's a little area specifically for little little kids. 


All aboard the Mother Goose Train! 
  
I let Maddie pick two games to play. We taught her how to use this water squirter...

And she won! :)

Meeting Safari Sam!

And Santa!


No pics from the water park because my camera was put away but we had a great time there too.

What a long fun day. One of our passengers was OUT on the way home...

May is definitely the time to go to Holiday World! 

Our other project this was week was the rescue of a little bird. Chris found him trapped in our gutter. He pulled him out and we gave him some water and calmed him down until we could get him to the vet. He was so cute!
Tia, on our roof, giving him water. We were told to put him back up high so that his mom could reunite with him. But she didn't come back so we called the vet who said they would take him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment