Monday, March 23, 2015

Weekend Wrap-Up

So far, so good. The Wildcats have cruised into the Sweet 16! Between four days of fun basketball games, the Hughes clan was on the run!

Friday, Tia came with us to the library for story time. 

We had a fun morning of books, songs, ribbon sticks and bubbles!





We had some playroom playtime. Maddie and I were coloring while Sydney pushed her baby around in the shopping cart. The next thing I knew SHE was the baby in the shopping cart.

 Goodness, she makes me laugh!

 On Saturday, we FINALLY got to see great-grandma and Henry! They brought the girls doodle bears. They loved coloring on their new bears (then you can wash them clean and do it again!). Well, Maddie loved coloring her bear. Sydney colored her feet and looked like she'd been to a tattoo parlor after. 



Maddie loves playing with her older cousins. Preston is so patient and sweet with her. I found them at one point on her bed and he was reading her library books to her.

Greg was playing with Sydney and said, "She won't stand up will she?" He thought she might be scared of being up so high.

I was getting ready to tell him that Sydney's idea of fun is dancing on TOP of the kitchen table, when of course she stood up.
She's either going to be a tightrope walker or a sky diver. Mark my words, people. 

We took a four generation pic! 

And a cousin pic!


After the family left, the girls rested a little. Then the CATS game came on, and our buddies came over for a cook-out.


Sydney loves making Sloane laugh!

And climbing. She's climbing on Kyle here.

After the win, we took the kiddos on a walk to Dawn's house. She's our neighbor who always wants the girls to come jump on her big trampoline. 


Finally, we called it a day. The girls were worn out!

On Sunday, daddy and I had date night. We had a very romantic date at Drake's watching tournament games. :)  We love our kids but we love adults-only dinners too. 

We totally gorged on food so I made my sister walk with me when we got home. We walked at sunset and it was just stunning. The phone never captures what the view really is but I tried.

So, we tried to take a selfie in front of the sunset. Except we blocked out the sun! Whoops.

Great, gorgeous weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment