Sunday, March 8, 2015

Snowmageddon….Again.

On Tuesday, we were at the ER with Sydney. On Wednesday, I sent Maddie to preschool (she normally stays home with me) so that I could focus on our littlest girl. We had a pretty good day snuggling. It was nice to have some one on one time with Sydney, even if she was still a little under the weather.

Around 4 pm, it started snowing.
And then, it didn't stop. It snowed all night. On Thursday we woke up to a TON of snow. Over the weekend, the last of the first blizzard melted. And now, we were covered again. Of course, both preschool and daycare were closed.


Chris and I were both working from home so we rotated our meetings in and out of playing with the girls. In the afternoon, the hand plow came back out.


Maddie helped for a bit but then found burying Stella to be more fun.
Stella loved the snow!

Even Sydney girl was feeling good enough to get outside for a bit. 
 In the battle of Sydney vs. her gloves, Sydney won. So I took her inside shortly after.

The snow was still very powder-y so we couldn't build a snowman or sled (yet.) That night, Maddie was putting up her best bedtime battle. She told us the only thing that would make her go to sleep was big panda. So….
She's the little head on the left. Big panda is, well, everywhere else, on her bed. :)

On Friday, I took the monkeys to All About Kids to blow of some steam. 


Maddie shouted, " Look at me! I'm practicing my gymnastics." I was pretty impressed. She hopped right up there and held herself up while she swung back and forth. 

And! Sydney girl climbed the big slide all by herself. Notice Madeline and her buddy Amelia at the top cheering her on!

On Saturday, I went to Pure Barre while Chris played with the girls.

He took them to Cabela's and they sat very nicely in the cart while he leisurely shopped.
 Or not.

We met up after my class at Barnes and Noble.

After lunch with my parents, Sydney and daddy went home for a nap while Maddie and I went grocery shopping. Since she had her own cart, the trip took a sweet forever a little longer than normal. We went up and down every aisle.

That night Maddie FINALLY got to build her snowman. She'd been wanting to but the snow hadn't really been good building material. On Saturday, it was just right!

Nana was keeping Dane and Quinn so the cousins had some play time.






After baths, the little cousins snuggling with grandpa. 
  
On Sunday we went to the museum with Hudson and Sloane and now we are all winding down from a busy week and weekend. And, the best part, is that our sweet Sydney is back to her normal self. 

No comments:

Post a Comment