Sunday, January 5, 2014

Special Days

Let's be real. Winter birthdays, specifically those around Christmas, have the potential to really stink.  Your gifts are in Christmas paper, people try to do "combo" gifts and everyone is just genuinely worn out from Christmas that your birthday can kind of be an after thought. 

Hmm. As I type this, I'm unearthing a weird, psychological issue I didn't realize I had with my own birthday! I digress. Anyways, Chris and I totally get the holiday birthday woes and it's important to us that Maddie has a very special birthday day.

This year, Maddie wanted to go to school in the morning. It was Superbus day and she got to have oreos with her class for her birthday. 

We picked her up early and went to Build a Bear. Well, there was about 50 other people also at BaB. It was WILD.

Daddy got in line and Maddie picked out her bear and some clothes for him.

How Maddie felt about the line.

We waited and waited and waited...

We waited so long, Daddy had to take Madeline to Barnes and Noble to burn off some steam.

Sydney sat nicely in her carseat for a bit, but then wanted to get out and visit with the other people.


She also spit up ALL over their floor. I don't think she took too kindly to the woman asking how old the "young man" was. 

FINALLY it was our turn!

First, we pumped him up.

Then, she bathed and brushed him.



She picked a black cat and named it 'Madeline.' Ha!

After Build a Bear, we went to Qdoba!


Then, we had some play time.

And, every birthday needs a sugary treat! We let Maddie pick out a Gigi's cupcake. She picked a white cake with blue frosting, topped with a gummy worm.


Daddy got a cupcake too...his birthday was the next day!


We had one more surprise for Madeline. On the way home, we stopped at nana and grandpa's house for her birthday present. She was MEGA excited!!




Can y'all believe my big sister is 3? I cannot! I love her!! 







1 comment: