Tuesday, December 4, 2012

A little out of sorts

Madeline has been a little out of sorts the last two days. She hasn't been eating very much and just doesn't seem like herself.  Of course, fevers are scary things in our house, so we've basically been watching her every second to make sure there are no spikes. I don't think she has anything too serious because she is pretty happy, but with a few random episodes. She will be happy and laughing and then start crying and saying "hurt." I'm thinking it's either teeth or her stomach bothering her, so we're riding it out for another day before we call her ped. 

Tonight, we played in her room where she put her animals down for their bedtime.



 Of course, Violet needed a "change diaper" before she could go to sleep.

Madeline's BFF (or BF...I'm not sure yet!) is a boy in her class named Mason. They do everything together. They play all day, hold hands, dance together, etc. They even got their cots moved next to each other at nap time because they were too busy sitting up looking for the other. They are gym buddies, which means when the class goes to the gym, they always pair up to hold hands and march down the hall. Madeline talks about Mason ALL the time. A typical conversation with her these days goes something like this:

Me: Maddie, did you have a good day at school?
Maddie: Yeah. Mason.
Me: You saw Mason?
Maddie: Yeah. He home now.
Me: He's at his home now?
Maddie: Yeah. Mommy car.
Me: He went home in his mommy's car?
Maddie: Yeah.
Me: Did you hold his hand today?
Maddie: Yes. Kiss him.
Me: YOU KISSED HIM?
Maddie: Yeah.

Or

Me: Oh no, your excema is back, Madeline.
Maddie: Mason. He did it.
Me: Madeline, Mason did not give you excema.
Maddie: Yeah. Mason do it.

It is pretty funny actually. Madeline will move to Ms. Kelsey's 2 year old room at the end of the month (no, I don't want to talk about it!) and Mason will stay behind until his birthday in March. I'm hoping that she makes a new buddy like Mason. Everyone needs a best friend!

On the house front, we are slowly but surely making progress. We ordered new office furniture and have got almost everything unpacked now! Once it's a bit more tidy, I'll do a house tour and post some photos.  Have a great week!


2 comments:

  1. We miss Madeline and you and CHris... and Stella.... We wish you many wonderful times in your beautiful new house. Love Nana and Papa Hughes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a little behind, so I'm just now finding out you're all sick...hope you feel better soon! I'm sad too because last week was Maddie's last day in my room at church. In January, she'll be in the big girl 2s room with curriculum and everything!

    ReplyDelete