Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thankful.

We have had a great Thanksgiving weekend! We've enjoyed the time together with family and had lots of extra time working on organizing the house. 

We've had some nice housewarming gifts brought over, including this basket from my parents loaded with goodies!


On Thursday, we ate dinner with the Hughes family and it was absolutely delicious. Robin and Laura did a great job doing all of the cooking! YUMMY! Madeline always loves seeing her cousin Dane; she is basically a "monkey see, monkey do" girl. If Dane runs a lap around on the kitchen, you can bet there is a pint sized blond chasing after him. If Dane sits and stack blocks, Maddie is right next to him making her own tower. The kids played hard all day and then we had a great meal together.

That night, Laura and I went shopping and had a great time finding all of the deals! I had told Chris I wasn't going to buy much, but I came home with a car and a cottage, both for half off. Whoops.  I actually got caught up in the moment, I think. We ended up taking the car back the next day b/c we decided Maddie wasn't big enough to ride it and/or appreciate it.

On Saturday, my mom kept Madeline for the day while Chris and I did a lot of the loud jobs (towel rods, hand towel circles, door stoppers, etc). She had a wonderful time making a gingerbread man. She was so proud of her cookie!





On Sunday, my cousins Connor and Preston came to visit the new house. The boys are much older than Madeline but were so so sweet with her. They dressed her up like a doll and played in her playroom with her. She was sad when they left and kept peeking around corners saying, "Where's Preston? Where's Connor?"




We had a wonderful weekend surrounded by family - a great way to spend Thanksgiving. We didn't get to see all of my family, but I know we will soon. I'm so thankful for a healthy and supportive family, a loving husband and our brand new house where lots of memories will be made.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment