Wednesday, August 18, 2010

It's a baby GIRL!

We went to the doctor on Monday and were told our sweet baby is a girl! We are so excited! Even better, all of the measurements looked great. We saw the heart pumping on the screen, the different parts of the brain and the spine. At one point baby girl had the hiccups and was moving up and down. It was awesome!

After we got the great news, we went to Mojito for some tapas to celebrate with our parents. Everyone was really excited. Both of our families gave Baby her first pink items!



After dinner, Chris and I did a little shopping at the Summit- we just picked up a few items for Baby's closet. I thought I would be the bad one- Chris wanted to buy her a pink faux fur coat. We stuck to the sale rack though and just picked up a few items. Chris and I had each gotten the other a little gift for the big day as well:





When I got home from work today, I had a gift from Cory's grandma- look at this sweet blanket she made us!



My good friend Kathryn got us a cute ornament for our tree. It has a pregnant mom and dad on it holding a present that says "Expecting a precious gift." Its perfect because baby Hughes will definitely be our special Christmas gift!

Speaking of Kathryn, all the girls I work with were shocked baby was a girl. We've had 3 born in the last 9 months so our little girl will make 4 baby girls born in a 14 month period. Pretty wild. Everyone has been trying to get a name out of me, but Chris and I just haven't decided. I have a few I like, but I'm not sure I have a commitment from Chris yet. :) I guess we will see...

Thank you to our families and friends for all of the kind words and gifts the last few days- we are truly blessed!

3 comments:

  1. Dear Brittney & Chris:
    Just wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS!!!! a SWEET BABY GIRL. What a blessing she'll be to you and your family.

    LOVE,

    Aunt Germaine & Uncle Bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting for you and Chris... enjoy this special time while you are waiting for your sweet baby girl... We love you.. Phil and Robin (Nana Hughes)

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO excited to meet baby girl!! Congrats again! Now it is time to stock that closet!
    Love Aunt Laura

    ReplyDelete