Monday, August 9, 2010

19 weeks- hello bump!

19 weeks- only 1 week until the BIG day! Chris and I are getting very excited for the appointment.
In fact, here's how our walk started Saturday night:

Chris: Britt, only one more week. Are you getting excited?
Me: Of course! I cannot wait!
Chris: Me too. My gut is telling me a girl, but I'm still pulling for a boy.
Me: Chris! The baby can hear you!
Chris: What?! It sure would be hard to raise a girl hockey player.

Somebody help me! No girl hockey players!

In other news, I had only been at work an hour today and 2 people told me that I got a belly over the weekend. Here's the bump as of this evening:


Pretty wild, huh?

As for baby: at 19 weeks, the baby's sensory development is "exploding," according to the Baby Center. The brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision and touch. Very cool!


9 comments:

  1. WOW! You can really see the bump! How exciting that in less than two weeks, you'll know what baby Hughes is! Can't wait. Such a special time for you and Chris. Cherish each moment :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think someone's been playing with photoshop...where'd that bump come from?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHA, girls. You have to remember you see me in dress pants that are much looser and stick out a lot farther than these yoga pants do- its more pronounced here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAH...... I can't wait to know!!! If it's a boy, you will get TONS and TONS of tupperware tubs chock full of clothes... if it's a girl, I am going SHOPPING! Either way, I can't wait to meet this sweet baby - I am ready to be an aunt, again! We love you both, and we love BH too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, the bump is finally here! I would just like to say that I noticed the bump a week ago, maybe two weeks ago. Any who, how exciting! You're going to be such a great mom. Congrats to you and Chris!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! You really can see a bump now - that was definitely not there on Saturday when I saw you! You look great!! I am so excited to find out if you are having a boy hockey player or girl hockey player ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look at your bump! So cute! Can't wait to hear what you are having.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That bump grew overnite!!!!! So excited to see what the sex is.... It will be a cute or handsome addition to the Hughes family!! Love Nana Hughes!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Agree with the ccm girls. The bump came out of nowhere! getting pumped for monday... Need to be on the text distribution list please. ;)

    ReplyDelete