Tuesday, August 31, 2010

5 and a half months!

I am in my 22nd week and am starting to look it! I went maternity clothes shopping this weekend with Robin and Laura and Robin bought me several staples that were much needed for work. I hadn't been able to button my pants for about a month so the minute I tried on those maternity pants, I was hooked. No more belly band for me- I'll stick with the maternity pants, thank you! Thank you Robin for treating me to the new clothes- I am so appreciative!

Baby is about 11 inches long (the length of a spaghetti squash) and still weighs about a pound. Chris just let me know he'd rather me use the length of a Subway footlong to describe her length, instead of spaghetti squash, which is what baby center used to describe. So, there you have it. I have a footlong in my belly. Turns out she's already cost us a lot more than $5.

We are starting to get closer to picking a name- we have a short list that we've narrowed down to and are considering: Abigail, Emily, Madison and Madeleine. No middle names yet. Such a hard decision! Anyone have any thoughts?






4 comments:

  1. Madeline gets my vote!!! I love literary names and u can get all the books ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My vote is Emily or Madeleine.... but they are all very sweet names! You will figure out the right one and it will be perfect! Try not to stress over it... and the other thing is that you can wait until you meet her if that helps you! Try not to feel pressured to decide! Love you guys and the footlong!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My vote is for Madison or Madeleine (I'm loving Maddie Hughes), but as Laura says, you will figure out the perfect name in time! Whatever you decide, we will love her just the same :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the names... I can totally see Chris wanting to measure baby girl hughes up to a foot long..... I had fun shopping with you and Laura!! Nana Hughes

    ReplyDelete