Thursday, July 1, 2010

"Test results are normal"

Last week my mom and I went to the screening ultrasound. The tech took a ton of pictures and said they would test for all kinds of birth defects: down syndrome, trisomy 13 and 18, cystic fibrosis, etc. I was imagining that I would get this long report of all the results but when I called, all I heard was "All test results are normal." I know that this is a good sign, but I had just hoped to get a little bit more info. Oh well- we are so thankful for a healthy baby at 13 weeks!

This week has brought a lot of change for me. To begin, I have an appetite for the first time in 3 months. And boy- did it come back with a vengeance! These last two days, all I have wanted to do is EAT EAT EAT! And, here comes the baby weight. :)

I would be remiss if I didn't mention sweet little Stella here. I think she's struggling with the baby. In fact, she just ate her second (YES, second) bill associated with the baby. I'm not sure if ultrasound bills taste better than regular old water or electric bills, but that's all she seems to eat. We also caught her running around the house with a baby toy in her mouth last week. I think some therapy may be in order for Stella. In case you need a reminder, here she is:



So, we FINALLY took a "bump" picture. I cannot believe its been 13 weeks and I am just now taking a picture. We are going to have to do it much more frequently now.

3 comments:

  1. Great read! I especially love the pics of both you with your baby bump and of Stella. She's going to be such a good big sis :) So excited for you and Chris!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! Just found your blog from Laura's. So glad you have one. Congrats to you and Chris! I'm so excited for you both! Parenthood is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where is the bump???? Stella is going to be so jealous.. hopefully she will be a good big sister. We are so happy for you and Chris. Love Nana Hughes

    ReplyDelete