Friday, July 16, 2010

What's in a name?

So, every set of parents does it. At some point, you have to pick a name for your children. For some parents, its probably easy. For me and Chris, not so much. We've been chatting more and more about baby names and cannot seem to find "the one" just yet. We do know we want something that is kind, gentle and will reflect good behavior. We picked a sassy name for our dog and frankly, she's crazy. We always say that if we would have named Stella something more tame, like Ashley or Sarah, life would be much easier.

Here are some names I've suggested to Chris and his responses:

Me Chris
Lexi No one is calling my daughter "Sexy Lexi"
Abby Nope, I know someone named Abby and I don't like her
Peyton I hate the Colts
Jordan That is a country
Isabella Sounds like a princess
Grady That's the name of our old boat


So- I think we may wait to discuss names until August when at least we can focus on names for one gender!

We tried to ask Stella what she thought but we couldn't find her. And then we did...

Gotta go get my shoe back!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Stella - she is a little wild woman! Gotta love her! The reasoning from Chris cracks me up, although I have to say, it's good that he thinks it through! I'm sure you'll come up with the perfect name for your little one! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris is just being difficult!!! I am sure you will think of the perfect name....Stella is a rascal!! Love Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol im glad you didn't name your dog after me ;)

    ReplyDelete