Monday, July 12, 2010

Week 15!

Chris and I went to the doctor today and had a pretty good appointment. I have officially begun gaining baby weight- I've put on 2 lbs! We got to hear the baby's heartbeat (in the 140's) for the first time which is kind of surreal! We also scheduled our "survey" ultrasound which is where we get to find out the gender!!! I'm so excited and counting down the days until August 16th. Until then, I'll be driving myself crazy analyzing all of my symptoms. So far- I'm pretty much split down the middle.

Signs I'm having a boy:
I'm craving salty or sour foods (lifesaver sour gummies are incredible!)
Dad-to-be is gaining weight (ha- I'm not sure how this actually could predict anything.)
I'm having headaches
The Chinese gender predictor says boy (supposedly its 90% accurate)

Signs I'm having a girl:
Heart rate is at least 140 bpm
I had morning sickness
I'm craving sweets and fruit
My face has broken out more than usual

Now Chris has reminded me that I'm not really craving anything outside of what I normally eat so...I'm not sure I can use those in my guesses. AUGH- only time well tell! I'm still leaning towards boy but...who really knows?!

This week Baby is the size of an apple- he/she measure 4 inches long and weighs 2 and 1/2 ounces.

Chris and I have been talking about names lately and have come up with a few options. Chris is pretty picky so we may still be deciding at the last minute. Let me know if you have any ideas!

3 comments:

  1. The chinese calendar was right for me... but I am starting to think it's a girl! Guess we have to wait and see! Yah for week 15!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's all a guessing game but will be a wonderful surprise either way. I can't wait.

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am undecided.. but leaning toward girl.....Can't wait to find out so I can start shopping... Love Robin

    ReplyDelete