Monday, July 5, 2010

Making room for baby!

Happy 4th of July!

Chris and I had a great weekend. On Friday we went out to dinner with his parents, Laura, Cory & Dane at the Fish Market to celebrate the new addition coming soon to the Hughes family. Yum!

Saturday I went shopping at Ikea with my mom and Mercedes to find Cedes some things she needed for her college dorm. We got a lot of really good deals- I cannot believe she is going to college in August! We stopped at a Carter's store that was having a huge sale. Since we don't know if Baby Hughes is a boy or girl yet, we just bought a few things. Thanks mom for buying the clothes!

Today has been the busiest day. Chris and I completely emptied the room that will be the baby's nursery and combined our guest room with the office. Surprisingly, its not too crowded in the new guest room/office. The nursery is completely empty- next will be paint and furniture! We'll wait on those two things until August, but we really wanted to get a head start today since the next few weeks will be really busy for us. In addition, we also cleaned the house top to bottom. Dusting, vacuuming, laundry, you name it! I haven't had much energy the last 3 months so I really took advantage of how good I felt today. Hopefully this trend will continue!

Enjoy the last bit of your long weekend!

3 comments:

  1. What about Sunday when you hung out with some awesome people and they got BH a UK onesie? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are nesting!!!! We had fun seeing you guys this weekend... sorry you missed the zoo, but I am sure there will be many more times.. So excited to find out boy or girl.... then I can get in the real SHIPPING MODE!! Love Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think mom means shopping mode, not shipping mode!!

    ReplyDelete