We were swamped this weekend. I think, at the end of it, we all felt a little like Stella.
Oh, poor walls. Our three littles gals have certainly done a number on them.
So, I left off with Saturday. On Sunday we had back to back events. After church, we came home for lunch and some rest. Then, Chris and Maddie went to the Father Daughter Tea. Maddie looks forward to this every year - seriously. She just loves it.
Maddie and daddy all set to leave. This is Maddie's last year going solo with Chris. When Sydney moves to preschool ministry next year at 3, she will get to go!
Maddie's best friend at church is a little girl named Pearl. These two really hit it off and always sit by each other during their kids service. They hug every week and are really happy to see each other.
The tea has it all!
Crafts.
Time with daddy!
And a chocolate fountain!
There's also dancing with daddy but Chris didn't get any pictures of them dancing. :)
Maddie and Chris left the tea early to meet Sydney and I at Hudson's birthday party!
Hudson turned four last week and celebrated at KaZoing!
No personal space when it comes to presents!
Cupcake sissies.
Then, my parents picked up the girls so Chris and I could have dinner with Lauren and Brett at Havana Rumba. Chris is training for a triathlon in June and we met with his training partner. Lauren and I met at Humana so we introduced our husbands at dinner. Chris and Brett are going to do some open swims together before their race.
Yes, you read that right. My marathon-running husband is ready for his next athletic competition. He's running the Derby mini this weekend, but that's not enough. Ironman has recently been added to his Bucket List so he is starting with an Olympic distance triathlon in Louisville in June. Looking forward to watching him meet his next goal!
On Tuesday the girls wore matching dresses. Maddie LOVES to match. Sydney really doesn't, but she goes along with it. Maddie usually bribes her. On this particular day Maddie promised her an applesauce pouch and let Sydney pick their morning show. (Girls get one show in the morning while they eat breakfast. We make them pick the show together. Which is almost always Strawberry Shortcake because that's the only show they both agree on.) Sydney was so happy to pick Sofia the First so she put on the stripes to match her sissy.
I tried to get a picture and here's how it went down.
Sydney had red colored bubbles in her hand that I took away so she mean-mugged me here.
Then, Stella photo bombed us.
She kind of cracked a smile.
Then I made a toot noise so she laughed.
Finally, one I can semi-work with.
Two little towheaded sisters.
Gearing up for another busy weekend, at least for Chris. He is running 13 miles AND playing in a four game hockey tournament. Translation: he won't be walking, come Monday.














No comments:
Post a Comment