Friday, April 8, 2016

A Day Date with Maddie

On Friday, we slept in and lounged around for a bit in the morning.  After four days of starting work at 6 am, it was nice to have an alarm off. I slept in...until the late hour of 7:15. HA! Maddie and I had a date planned so we dropped Sydney off at preschool. 

First, Maddie had a much needed haircut. We've been taking her to ShortCuts but Omagi was WAY better. She got a neck massage to start.


Then got her hair washed with a scalp massage. While the conditioner set, she got a hand massage. 

We trimmed the dead ends and her hair looked awesome!

She got some braids and then a lip gloss application.

She really felt like a princess! She loved going to the "big girl spa."

We had lunch at Qdoba.
In our matching tops. She picked out our outfits that morning: striped tunics, leggings and pink shoes. 

Needless to say, we got a lot of attention. 

After lunch we had her kindergarten eye exam. Maddie is a little near sighted and will probably need glasses sometime in the next few years. She's ok now, but the doctor said her eyes are transitioning to where she will need glasses at some point. I kind of figured that was coming. My optometrist told me a few years ago that with both Chris and I having vision problems, our kids would too.

Then! We went to paint pottery at The Artist in You.
Here's the before picture. I didn't get an after picture, but I will post when the pottery is glazed next week. She LOVED this. 

We had a great time on our date. 

As for little Sydney, a trip to Omagi may be in her future. Yikes! How someone can have so little hair and so much bed head is beyond me.


Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment