Monday, October 26, 2015

Weekend Recap

 Saturday morning, Chris was out the door at 6:45 to go run 13 miles.

My neighbors had given us a huge bag of beans when they moved so the girls spent some time making noise makers to cheer on the runners.
 
Side note: everything was under control so I ran to finish getting ready. While I was gone, Sydney spilled the entire bag of beans (we're talking THOUSANDS of beans) on the kitchen floor. 

Of course she did. 

So, AFTER we got all the beans cleaned up we picked up Tara and drove to the finish.

Now, it's well known that I'm a tomboy but my kids are not. Hence their finish line attire. I asked them to pick out their clothing, appropriate for a race.
I got two dresses and no tennis shoes. Maddie has been picking out her clothes since 2. Now Sydney likes to pick hers out well. And they only wear tennis shoes on school days, when it's a rule. Not for lack of trying on my part, though!!

They shook their maracas and yelled for all the runners.

Dave and daddy stocking up on post-race fuel: Panera bagels, bananas, chocolate milk, and gatorade.
Feeling good after 13.1. Next up: 26.2!

Chris came home and promptly passed out on the couch. While Sydney napped, Maddie and I made a some Halloween cards for family and friends. We had paint and glitter going so we sat on the back porch.

Saturday night, we headed to church and to Kidablou - our church's Halloween party. It rained, so the festivities were moved indoors. It was chaos! But fun!

The "trunk or treat" moved to "table or treat" but the kids didn't mind. They walked to every station collecting a lot of candy!
Little miss watermelon.


Look closely and you will see a three headed dog. Ha!

Then we moved into the auditorium for inflatable fun!

Our "Elsa" chose to go down the taller, steeper slide on the Blue Ice inflatable.

Enjoying the free food. Maddie wanted to sit in the top row of the auditorium and people watch.

Observing the madness. Maddie and Chris went back into the fray to do more bouncies, while Sydney and I kept watching. More than 4,000 people came out!

Early Sunday morning pancakes amidst the Halloween cards.

Sydney's first time in the bar stool - feeling like a big girl!

Sunday, we continued our crafting with pumpkin carving.



Then we all rested! We were pooped!

No comments:

Post a Comment