Monday, July 6, 2015

Hilton Head, Part 1

We are back from a wonderful week in Hilton Head! We had so much fun!

Let's recap. Last Friday we loaded up the Suburban and hit the road around 8. Everyone was in good spirits.

After a few hours, I hopped in the back to entertain the girls.


Maddie loved this new travel memory game.

Both girls napped and it was great. I got back in the front seat and read. For about THIRTY minutes, because that's all Sydney napped.

Nope. I'm not napping, people! I prefer to take selfies!

We stopped for supper at Panera.

We got to our hotel around 8 (a solid 12 hour trek, if you're doing the math) and I mistakenly assumed the girls would want to go to sleep.

I was wrong. They wanted to jump on the bed and run around screaming.

Finally we got them settled and got some rest. The next day, our house wasn't quite ready so we hit the outlet mall.  

We met nana and grandpa and Laura and Cory at the house and the kiddos hopped in the pool. 


It was really nice to have our own pool all week. Madeline swam every day and I'm so amazed at how quickly she has taken to the water. She just jumps in and swims across the pool now!
Standing on grandpa's shoulders before jumping.

And, of course, the girls loved spending the week with their cousins. Dane taught Maddie the peace sign.

One of my goals for vacation was to get some new family pictures. This was one of our first attempts.


Sydney being Sydney.

This one is pretty sweet.


Somewhere along the way, my little Maddie grew up.

Cousin love!

Maddie has grown out naps but she took several on vacation. After playing all morning at the beach she would pass out. She was actually giving Chris a hug one day and fell asleep. HA!

We spent most of the time at the ocean but we had some fun at the house too!


Beach pics to come!





No comments:

Post a Comment