Monday, July 20, 2015

An empty weekend...

On Thursday, Chris and I usually review the upcoming weekend plans. ( Or, also called, I tell him where and when he needs to be places.)

We didn't have one thing on our calendar. 

But you know us, can't stay bored for long!

Friday night, the girls had some sugar free popsicles on the patio.
 A new word for Sydney: pop-cle. We can't *quite* hit popsicle but she is trying. 

Because the girls like popsicles so much I decided to make some. We took some greek yogurt and a handful of berries and froze them. They LOVED them. And, they were healthier!

I even let Sydney have one for breakfast since it was basically a frozen smoothie. 
 No pants on, pancake in one hand, popsicle in the other. Eating everything while standing up. 
Yep, that's Sydney.

On Saturday we went to see Inside Out with some friends. 

Maddie was so excited to take Hudson to his first movie!
They loved it…and the snacks!

I tried to get their picture after the show but they wouldn't sit still. Dave had no problem posing though!

Chris needed to do some things around the house so on Sunday, my parents and I took the girls to Huber's. 

They enjoyed picking blackberries.

Grandpa showed them how to fill up their buckets.

At first, it went well.

But then Sydney realized she could just eat the berries straight off the bush. 

 Sydney staring at her empty bucket acting like she doesn't know she ate every berry she picked. Girlfriend looked like she'd been at a crime scene. Red juice ALL OVER her face, arms, hands. It was sticky hilarious.

 Showing off their fruit.

We went into the Family Fun Park and mined for gems.


Then played at the playground a bit.


Went down the mountain slide.





Took a ride on the train.

We also did the bamboo maze but there are no pictures because it was dark, wet and terrifying and we were focused only on getting out. I kid you not.

After lunch it was time to go home. We were hot and tired!


 Our "cheese" faces are a little intense.

Since it was National Ice Cream Day we headed over to Kyle and Danielle's (after a nap!) for dinner and then some Graeter's ice cream.


 Fun weekend!

I found this picture and meant to blog about it last week. Last Saturday Madeline got to go to grandma's for a "Maddie" day. They went and had pedicures, went shopping (for new clothes and a new doll) and ended the day with snow cones. She had a great time on her Maddie day! 


No comments:

Post a Comment