Last Saturday, we had Sydney's party. On Sunday, we had lunch at my aunts with my mom's side of the family. As always, it was a great time!
Sydney sitting with great grandma--she leaves for Florida next month.
Grandma and great-grandma
We took Sydney out on the golf cart!
Preston wanted to play a game of kick ball so we got everyone outside.
Connor rolled.
Madeline hadn't played before so I ran with her a few bases.
Then she was all set to round for home herself!
We ended up leaving early because Sydney still didn't feel well. I had given her advil and we couldn't get her fever down. She slept for four hours that afternoon.
When she woke up, she was MISERABLE. I tried to take her to the Immediate Care Center but they had 8 people in front of us, and only one doctor. So Kosair it was. After poking and prodding, they sent us home with a "virus" diagnosis. (Those are the worst!)
On Monday, Sydney she seemed to be in recovery mode and slept most of the day, but without a fever. We sent her to school Tuesday. When I picked her up she had a weird looking rash all over her stomach.
It turns out Sydney had a nasty little virus called Roseola. One of those things daycare kids get. Fortunately, the rash is the end of the virus and kids are no longer contagious.
I actually took a "me" day on Tuesday and took the day off work. I had a dentist appointment in the afternoon and decided to take the whole day off. I went to the outlet mall and had a fantastic, quiet lunch.
This happened.
I ate by myself at the taco place and just enjoyed the quiet. And the tacos! YUM.
On Wednesday, the girls I went to the pediatrician for Sydney's one year check-up. She was feeling better, and then we gave her her shots. So, she was mad again.
On Wednesday, the girls I went to the pediatrician for Sydney's one year check-up. She was feeling better, and then we gave her her shots. So, she was mad again.
Like I hadn't already had a bad week. Thanks a lot!
Now that Sydney is healthy, the girls and I have been out and about.
Now that Sydney is healthy, the girls and I have been out and about.
We biked to grandma and grandpa's one night and they had a new dollhouse for Madeline. She loved it!
We took the jeep on the open road!
Summit playground!
Maddie thinks it's hilarious to wear my boots around. She can barely walk but she laughs and laughs as she clomps.
This was on Friday. I had just taken off Sydney's pajamas and was about to get her dressed. She had a little BM and felt compelled to (immediately) climb on the table and sit on Madeline's artwork. She was so mad! She turned and said, "Now I have poop paper, mom!"
That Sydney. She really is rotten. Good thing she's so sweet.
















No comments:
Post a Comment