Tuesday, September 2, 2014

A long Labor Day Weekend!

I love long weekends. I guess technically I have a 3 day weekend every weekend, but I especially love the ones where Chris has one too.  

I kicked off the weekend Thursday with breakfast with my co-workers. We primarily all work at home so we get together once a month for a breakfast or lunch meeting. We catch up on projects and personal lives and it's really great to stay connected. 
Not sure why I'm hiding behind Tiffany; they told us to "squeeze in."

We got a ton of stuff done at the house (think LOTS of landscaping), played with our little monkeys and even squeezed in an adults-only dinner!
This area was a big mess of poison ivy and weeds. Chris cleared it out and then got to planting. 

Maddie got taken to get frozen yogurt by my parents who let her get way more toppings that I would: gummy bears, sprinkle bears, peanut butter cups and several more I cannot remember. That's what grandparents are for though, right?


While Maddie was getting yogurt, Sydney and I went shopping. 
She gave her gummy smile to everyone that passed.

 My mommy and sister may enjoy this shopping gig, but I'm not sure I have the stamina.  I lasted three stores but got a little antsy after that. I just wanna move! 

We played outside, and Sydney wore the prince crown for awhile. She won't wear hair bows, but the princess crown she kept. Go figure.

We had a yummy supper at Red Robin with nana and grandpa. Sydney carried this balloon around for the rest of the night. 

Maddie's new thing is wearing her hair in "two ponies and two braids."

Breakfast with Hudson!


We attempted the zoo on Monday but it was 'Labor Union Picnic' day and the place was MOBBED. We ended up at Chik Fil A since it then started raining.
  
We did some bike riding (and helmet trading).

And now it's Tuesday. This is Chris's busy week at work. It's the same week every year. Well, he's always busy. So let's call it his CRAZY-BUSY week. (Remember when Sydney was born? He'd gotten to work at 5 that morning? Same week. In fact, his team made him promise I wasn't pregnant this time.) Anyways, he'll be at work late a lot this week, giving me some extra time with these two.
MELT.MY.HEART.

No comments:

Post a Comment