Yesterday I was slinking off to the bathroom (yes, I said slinking...as in moving slowly hoping no one would notice) when Madeline came swooping in like a ninja. She shut the door behind her and announced, "There mommy! Now you can have some privacy." She sat down, staring and smiling at me, waiting for me to do my business. I could only laugh.
As I mentioned earlier in the week, this was a crazy week for Chris. He was at work late every night, never knowing when he'd be home. He told me not to worry about him for dinner, but I was concerned he would eat a chicken strip basket every night so I tried to make meals that would work for us eating at different times. THANK GOODNESS FOR THE CROCK POT.
Anyways, these two meals are super delicious so I thought I would share the recipes. We had beef with broccoli and Chik Fil A copycat chicken tortilla soup. YUM.
Anyways, since Chris was knee deep in spreadsheets, the littles and I had a fun week.
Water table and pool time!
Tia came to play
Sydney OPENED this and then climbed inside. I think she thinks she is her sister's age and I have to remind her she is clearly not! She is trying to escape her crib but unfortunately she's too short, so hopefully we have awhile for that!
We had a great week except for one thing. Sydney got BIT at school by her friend on Thursday. I picked her up and noticed there was a biting policy on the table for parents to review. Sure enough, the biting has started. (Which I think is super early...it was around 18 months with Maddie. Kids these days...they do everything faster than the generation before them!) Poor Sydney and another little boy got bit by the same girl.
I guess she thought Sydney's thigh looked extra yummy. (Which it does, but no need to bite it!!)
As for the other part of my blog title, since Chris was gone and I was left to fend for myself with the girls, my house is in need of some serious loving. PSA: NO ONE MAKE ANY SURPRISE VISITS THIS WEEKEND. I need to spend a little time with my house. On that note, I gotta go!
Looking forward to celebrating some birthdays this weekend!







No comments:
Post a Comment