Last night was a gorgeous night so we took the girls on a walk. I printed out a scavenger hunt for Madeline to do and she LOVED it. She had some markers and a list of things to look for. Some items were easy for her to find (house, mailbox, bird) and others were more difficult (trash can, fire hydrant, stop sign, basketball hoop). She took such pleasure in finding each item and only asked for help a few times.
Sydney didn't find it quite as exciting.
We've been squeezing in swing set play every night before Winter comes!
The other night Maddie and I were kicking her ball around and she took a hard tumble on the concrete. We had a couple of scraped knees, which isn't unusual, but this time there was a little blood. This caused a lot of tears! But, it was nothing some princess band-aids couldn't fix!
Last week, Maddie's teacher had a rough week so we made her some cupcakes. Maddie helped decorate...one of them. I noticed she was eating so much frosting decorating the one cupcake that we stopped after that and I finished them after she went to bed.
Speaking of sugar, nana brought Maddie a cookie yesterday. I asked for a piece and she pulled off the tiny crumb that you see on the table. Hilarious!
Don't worry- she ended up sharing bigger pieces with both me and daddy!
This picture has been cracking me up for days. Sydney looks terrified in this picture but Maddie is so excited. Madeline calls her "my love" and "pretty girl" and always has her hands on her. I think Sydney just wonders who the little blonde monster is that is always in her face.
Tonight we are going on our double date with Kyle and Danielle that was scheduled the day Sydney was born. I cannot wait for some fondue and adult time!









No comments:
Post a Comment