Monday, September 2, 2013

Labor Day!

On Saturday night, it stormed ALL night. The power flickered on and off and then finally went out around 6 AM Sunday. So we got out of the house, had breakfast and went shopping. There was NOTHING open, except for Lowe's. This made 2 out of 3 of us happy. (Hint: I was in the minority. Madeline happens to love the race car cart baskets at Lowe's)

I sent this picture to nana who said that Maddie looked like she was about to do damage with her purse on her hip. Surprise! Her and daddy DID do some damage to the AMEX--they bought the basement floor! 

The power didn't come back on until early evening so we went to nana and grandpa's house for some swimming. They took pity on us and fed us dinner and did our laundry--how lucky did we get?!?

On Monday, Chris was itching to get in the basement and do some work so I loaded up my best shopping buddy. I asked her to get some practical shoes on (specifically, "something with a back on them, like tennis shoes.") and this is what she picked out. 
She is ALL girl. 

Having fun at Kohl's!

Most kids have to be bribed with candy to behave. I told Madeline if she was good while we ran all of our errands, she could buy a new dress at Old Navy. It worked! 

After a morning of shopping, we came home and Maddie played with her babies. For some reason, she has named them all Charlotte. She is very sweet with them. 

We had some outdoor playtime with daddy.




Finally, she wrapped up the evening sitting next to her Stella dog.
 

Hope you had a wonderful holiday with your family!





No comments:

Post a Comment