On Thursday, September 12th, Chris and I had lined up all of our upcoming plans before baby.
The largest project of the year for Chris was due Monday so he worked until midnight Thursday and headed into to work about 6 am to meet his project team. I made plans with my mom to clean my house, scheduled a double date with Kyle and Danielle, a play date for Madeline, an optometrist appointment and about 6 other things. No kidding, it was going to be a busy few days!!
Maddie and I spent a lot of time together this past week since Chris was at work late every night. We did our usual fun stuff...
Gave ourselves some home pedicures
Took some selfies...
And talked a lot about the newest family member coming soon!
Thursday night I had some strong contractions but I assumed they were braxton hicks and went to bed.
I woke up around 3 and went to the bathroom, where I heard the faintest of "pops." My initial thought was "was that my water breaking?" But I quickly shook it off, because I felt fine. And honestly, no one's water breaks anymore! (I think it's like 5-10% or something that actually spontaneously break).
So I went back to sleep. Around 6:30 Madeline started talking to me on her monitor. I rolled over to grab it and a huge gush of water came out. Well, that woke me up!
I made a panicked call to Chris (no answer) and then to my mom. I called Chris again (still no answer...he was working with his team intentionally avoiding my calls b/c he thought I just wanted to chat!) and got into action. I had no bags packed and nothing ready. I said a quick thank you prayer that I had shaved my legs the day before, got Maddie dressed as quickly as I could and got her into the car.
I finally got a hold of Chris who remained calm for my benefit (I was in 100% crazy-lady panic mode at this point) but I could tell he was freaking out a little.
Maddie and I picked up my mom. I took her to school and then we headed to the hospital. After a quick check in triage, they confirmed my water had broke. We had until 3 am to get Sydney out (24 hours after water breaks is the limit.) so I knew I would have a FRIDAY the 13th baby. Hmm.
She actually came just a few short hours later. Everything about this labor was so much easier than Madeline. So easy, in fact, I am not having a third one. I think s/he might fall out at the mall or something.
And here was our first look!!
Love her sweet sweet face! More to come on meeting big sis, our hospital stay and coming home!!



.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment