Wednesday, September 4, 2013

36 week bump date!!


Will this be my last bump date? Who knows?! 

How far along? 36 weeks 

Baby is the size of: Honeydew!



At 36 weeks, the liver and kidneys are in working order and the baby is almost ready, if not ready, to breathe on her own!

Maternity Clothes? Yep. That's about it. I wonder if I'm the only one who stains most of her pregnancy clothes. I don't do it intentionally, I just find that I drop a lot of stuff on my stomach that doesn't wash out. 

Stretch Marks? Just a few. 

Sleep? What is that?! Last night I woke up 3 times to go to the bathroom and finally stayed awake. My thoughts were consumed with transitioning my work projects...so then I just got out my iPhone and read about Syria. Yikes.

Movement? She's definitely an active lady. Not moving quite as much as before, but that's probably because she's the size of a honeydew!! She likes to entertain my co-workers during staff meeting. They basically watch my stomach move around, in complete awe. 

Cravings? Toaster strudels, raisinets, Chik Fil A Original Chicken Sandwich 

Gender? It's a GIRL. CONFIRMED again! My OB laughed when I told her I was nervous and let me get another u/s. Whew. I would not have been happy asking Chris to repaint the room. Well, Chris would not have been happy repainting the room.

Belly Button In or Out? Out.

What I miss: Sleeping! 

Symptoms: Braxton Hicks, Braxton Hicks, Braxton Hicks. Some actually really hurt. I did not have these with Madeline so what's up with that?!? Little things make me cry. (sweet commercials, the death of a friend's pet, Madeline being very loving, etc.) Though, that happened before I was pregnant so it's probably not really a symptom...

Best moment of the week? Getting the baby gear out! We have the swing, the car seat, the vibrating seat, etc! I'm not sure Sydney is going to use any of it though, since Madeline thinks it is AWESOME and has completely taken everything over with her babies.


What I am looking forward to: Not being pregnant, though I can honestly say I will miss feeling the movement of a baby. This pregnancy has been MUCH easier, and I'm hoping the labor and delivery is too. I am so excited to meet Sydney and complete our family.

And here's how little miss looks today.

And, since I could barely breathe in that outfit, we'll see if it gets put on again!!

Maddie wanted in on the pictures.
Silly Stella


Me, my two babies and Maddie's baby

*****

I got a call from school yesterday that Maddie had a 102 fever. I went to get her and she was pretty puny. Not the worse I've seen her, but she was definitely off. She just wanted to watch Doc Mc Stuffins and snuggle.

Snuggling with Pandy...her panda bear that she loves right now.

After a good dose of Advil and a wardrobe change she was in better spirits. 
She walked up to me with her doll...and said: "This is my new daughter, Sinney." It was the sweetest thing. Then she rocked her, and kept saying "Shh, it's ok." For two, she really has such a nurturing soul!

Then...the advil wore off and she became a snuggler again. After another full day at home, she seems to be on the mend. Those weird viruses will take you down and then go away as quick. Hoping this one is on its way out!












2 comments:

  1. So excited for you guys! Please let us know when she arrives. Want to visit at the hospital if you want people! So happy for you guys.

    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. not much longer ... cant wait to meet Sydney Love Nana Robin

    ReplyDelete