Sunday, June 2, 2013

Zoo, Mall, Wings for Kids!

On Friday, we went to the zoo with cousin Dane and nana and grandpa.

Getting a boost from Grandpa to see the rhinos.

Dane took his turn driving the van and said he was going to school. When it was Madeline's turn, she said, "I'm going to get pancakes." She is her father's daughter.

We left the zoo and went straight to the mall for a double date with Danielle and Hudson. We ate at CPK and then let the kids run around the toy stores. A nice lady even stopped us and told us "they are the cutest thing I've seen today. I'm just waiting to be a grandma. Please take some quarters from me and let them ride more." How sweet! They rode every ride there!


It was way past the kids' bed time and we only had one stroller so naturally we plopped them both in there. At first Madeline said she was going to lay back which caused Hudson to nearly fall out... 

So I said "don't let him fall out!" So she quasi-choked him! He has such a good attitude he just let her squeeze him!
Notice I'm the 5 month pregnant one pushing the stroller. Danielle was laughing too hard trying to take our picture!  I guess this proves I will need a double stroller come September!

On Sunday we went to the Wings for Kids air show. Bill Fluke, a family friend of the Hughes's, passed away this year and this was an event he was very passionate about. Chris really wanted to take Madeline to see the airplanes fly.  They said really nice things about Bill and flew a plane from his kit collection.

It was actually pretty neat. People build these planes (Chris has built two himself before) and then fly them. I couldn't believe how many there were.  I took a lot of pictures on my iPhone but you can't really get a feel of the flying shots. There was also a bounce house, face painting, and lots of vendors giving away little trinkets. And all the money raised goes to Kosair's Children's hospital!


 This one was huge!



We told Madeline to dress for the airplane show, but I guess she heard "runway show."
Madeline begged me to paint her fingers and toes pink this week, just like Emma Hanke from class. I swear if she asks me for my mascara tomorrow, I'm going to lose my mind!

Tonight we took dinner to some friends who just had a little baby boy two weeks ago. He was TINY and so so sweet. He slept on me the entire time we were there! I was so enamored I forget to take a picture.

This is going to be a busy week in our house as we prepare for our baby moon: our adults-only trip to Bermuda with Kyle and Danielle next week!

1 comment:

  1. So excited for your trip! I hope you guys have a great time!

    ReplyDelete