Thursday, June 20, 2013

Painting the room (and cleaning the carpet...)

What a whirlwind week this has been. We've been very busy catching up at work and getting the vacation items washed and put away. 

Since we got home on Father's Day, we haven't been able to properly celebrate with either of our dad's. We're hoping to do so this weekend. We have great dads!!

Maddie made her great daddy a few crafts at school.

What she loves about daddy, in her words: "My daddy lets me ride on his shoulders."
I love that she came up with that on her own.

A few weeks ago, we got four purple color samples and put them on the nursery wall. We picked our favorite and Chris got to painting. Oddly enough, the color we picked looks NOTHING like we imagined, or even the sample it was supposed to be. But, I like it. And, Chris told me he's not painting again.  :) We actually had a major accident during the process.  All of us were in the baby's room and the next thing we knew, there was spilled paint on the carpet.  Like, the size of a beach ball. I was certain we were going to have to replace the carpet...or paint the rest of it purple. 

Thank goodness for Google! We found a remedy that got paint out of carpet and took to it. And, it all came out! 

 Instead of painting, Chris spent the evening removing paint from the carpet. (He finished painting the next night.)

I'll post a picture of the painted room soon! One more thing off the check-list. You know, since we're 14 weeks away from baby!!

Nana and grandpa Hughes got some new patio furniture and gave us some pieces from their old set. I was so excited to get a chaise lounge to lay on...but I haven't had the opportunity to yet!

Playing with shaving cream outside.

Hudson came over tonight for a play date. 

 Maddie entered through the window. Hudson, ever the practical kid, went in through the door.

And, my favorite picture of the week! Chris went to check on Madeline the other night before we went to bed and found her asleep like this! At some point, she woke up, found her sunglasses, put them on and went back to bed. What a funny little thing!







No comments:

Post a Comment