Saturday, February 23, 2013

Our big helper & mudroom reno

I've mentioned before that Madeline is VERY independent. She also really really likes helping!

Helping daddy do the dishes.

Helping daddy paint his project. (More on this in a bit!)

I've learned I can actually get Madeline to do things if I ask her to be a big helper and help me. For example, today she didn't want to go inside (we were outside playing) so I asked her to help me carry all of the special mail inside. Voila! We made it inside. The tricks you learn along the way. 

 Stella begging her sister for a snack.
 
The other night, Madeline pooped on the potty!! I told her she could pick out one m&m from the bag. Within seconds, and I mean SECONDS, she put her hand in there, grabbed as many as she could and shoved them in her mouth!

So, of course, we immediately brushed our teeth!




Chris is still busy busy around the house. One project to the next. In just two weeks, he transformed our empty mudroom to a great organized space with cubbies!

BEFORE

During...

AFTER!! 4 cubbies with a bench in the middle.


We are really pleased with how they turned out. No rest for Chris though, he's already sketching out his next job. He never stops!




2 comments:

  1. Looks great..... Madeline is quite the little helper love nana Hughes

    ReplyDelete