Wednesday, February 13, 2013

We live with a narrator.

I didn't think it was possible for someone to talk as much as me. One of the first things I liked about Chris was that he was content to let me talk all day to him. (I still do most of the talking.) Well, there is now someone else in the house who is challenging me. This is how dinner went last night.

Maddie: I'm just eating my strawberry. (pause.) I'm just putting my strawberry back on my plate. (pause.) I'm just eating my sandwich. (pause) I need a napkin. (pause...I didn't move fast enough to get her a napkin.) I'm just licking my hand. 

And then, after dinner

Maddie: I want to play with play doh. I'm just making a stamp. I want to make a farm. MOO. I'm a cow. I want to make spaghetti. I am done. My doll needs a diaper. Mommy, you wear a diaper? Mommy, you poop? 

Sigh.

Most of the time it is hysterical. She says words I don't even know how she knows them. 

And....PACI UPDATE. Sunday night she slept all night, didn't make a peep. And she did Monday and Tuesday night! I would say we are officially paci-free in this house now!

Maddie - 24 hours after the paci went bye bye. She had not slept for an entire day and glared at me anytime I tried to talk to her.

Maddie - 72 hours after the paci went bye bye. Amazing what sleep will do for a person!!

No comments:

Post a Comment