Monday, January 29, 2018

back to it

Hi! It's me. Did you think I forgot about you? Trust me, between my grandma and my friend Sherri, I can't forget my blog! :) Ha! I do love blogging but I have to work hard to keep up with it...life is VERY wild right now. The two job thing is a bit intense during "Wave Season." All of my evening/weekend free time is vacation planning right now. It's fun...but exhausting!

So anyway, this was my view all last week.

Or not. That was actually Chris's view. 

This was mine.
Chris went skiing in Vail with some buddies while I had lots of sleepovers with my favorite 4 and 7 year olds. It was a fun "girls week," but I really missed daddy! And, having my own space in my bed. Because, as tiny as they are, they take up a large majority of my king bed!

What all did we do in January? LOTS of gymnastics!



We had lots of hot cocoa. We also had a crazy high number of snow days for a not so crazy high amount of snow. In related news, our last day of school will be about one week prior to our first day of school. NO MORE SNOW DAYS! 






Mads and Savannah making cookies!

Uncle Mark and Aunt Kathy sent the girls some Christmas money. Sydney got a doctor dress up kit she's been eyeing and Maddie got a new doll. They love them!

Speaking of Sydney, she recovered from the flu...and NONE OF US GOT IT. It was a pretty miraculous moment. We're not quite sure how we avoided it, but so far, we did. She rebounded pretty quickly, all things considering.

But, for a few days, she was Sydney snuggle bug.

I snapped this pic last week and couldn't stop laughing. No matter how much we brush her hair...she wakes up like this.

EVERY.SINGLE.DAY.

It doesn't look so bad from the front, but then she turns around. And bam!

Chris and I actually overlapped. I jetted down to Disney for a long weekend so I flew out when he flew in. We finally got to see each other after 10 days. That's a long time to be apart for two kids who've been together since high school! Ha! 

Ok, that's it for now. I won't be away so long next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment