Friday, February 3, 2017

Quick Update!

Well. We got sick. Both Chris and I, against all efforts, came down with a nasty cold (flu?).  It's the total pits when both parents are sick. We were on the S-T-R-U-G-G-L-E bus last weekend and let ours kids watch way more tv than we prefer. 

Oh yeah. And then I got a request for 16 people to take a Disney cruise. That leaves in 2 weeks.

So, it's been a little crazy.

Not too many pictures for you guys today.

I had lunch with Maddie. She loves this!
 After the winter break, Maddie's school has really picked up. She has sight word tests every Friday, an upcoming play (she's a Yeti...so random?), Donuts with a Loved One for Valentine's day, and a lot more. I'm writing a lot on my calendar lately for this little six year who came home singing, "Call Me Maybe." Someone hold me, please.

Sydney had a rough week. Lots of tantrums. I am not sure if it's because she's in the throes of the terrible three's (which are WAY worse than the two's, let be honest) or if the double dose of steroids made her a little rage-y. Either way, I've been slightly afraid of her.
 But, then she looks so cute and I can't resist her.

I've been using my new Instant Pot all the time. Loved this Chipotle copy-cat beef brisket!

Chris and Sydney were resting and I got Maddie (who someone managed to remain completely healthy through this storm!) out with Stella. These two hadn't seen each other in a few months and immediately just picked up like no time had passed. They ate by themselves at Qdoba (Amber and I sat a table over) and had the best time.

Maddie and I came home and she thought it was so funny that Daddy and Sissy were napping together.
Now, isn't that sweet?

This weekend we were invited to four birthday parties, but are only making two. We'll be out of town for most of the weekend but back late Sunday for our annual Super Bowl party. And by "party" I mean we have like six people over. Ha! 

No comments:

Post a Comment