Last weekend we were invited to four parties! With scheduling we could only make two of them, and we had a great time!
We started off with cousin Adeline's Troll-themed skate party.
Oh.My.Goodness.
Y'all. I hadn't been skating for a solid 20 years so I was wondering how this was going to go. Chris was still sick so I talked my sister in coming with me (THANK GOODNESS!!) and we had a blast!
They had skates in Sydney's size and girlfriend was PUMPED.
They had these skate trainers which basically were a lifesaver.
Sydney preferred being held.
The girls had fun but really need someone holding on to them at all times so it was great that I had an extra set of my hands with my sister.
We took a little skate break - I was sweating! - and played some games.
Then we celebrated cousin Addy with a rainbow cake!
We had a blast. I felt like a teenager again! Then I felt 33 the next day when my back was sore. Ha!
We left the skating rink and headed to Lexington for cousin Quinn's popcorn party and sleepover. Look at these yummy cupcakes!
The kids got in their jammies and sleeping bags and had a movie night sleepover!
One we finally got the kids asleep (WAY past bedtime!) the adults had a really energetic night.
Or not.
Scrabble for the win!
We got back late Sunday, just in time to prep for our Super Bowl party with some friends. Dave entertained the kiddos while we cheered Brady on to a unbelievable victory!
Early in the week, Chris brought up our new kitchen table. He built this himself and it's great!! (Chairs are from our old table.)
Daddy and little sissy had a date at Five Guys.
And, he went to "Donuts with Someone You Love" with Maddie.
Here's a funny Sydney story to round out this re-cap. The other day Sydney asked me if she could have an applesauce pouch before dinner. I said yes and went back to cooking dinner. I turned around a few minutes later and saw this.
She had opened and lined up FOUR pouches, with a fifth on the side. Fortunately, she only had eaten one when I caught her. I closed the other ones and put them in the fridge. She keeps me on my toes and ALWAYS makes me laugh!

















No comments:
Post a Comment