We kicked off the weekend with a big girls outing on Friday AM. Little Sydney went to nana's and Maddie and I headed out with tia, grandma, great-grandma and aunt Cheryl.
We started with lunch outside on Main Street at Manny and Merle.
Because there is nothing we love more than fresh guacamole and tacos!
We got a little silly while we waited for our food.
Next, we headed to Louisville Stoneware for Paint Your Own Pottery. We had a great time! We donne some art smocks and then picked out our pieces. Maddie got a bowl and I picked a flowerpot. She picked out her colors and got to work.
We were all laughing, talking, having fun and Mercedes was very seriously just painting her flower pot. It's hard to see her drawing here, but suffice it to say, she will have the best piece once they get fired.
Once Maddie painted her bowl, I had her paint her hands and put her hand prints all around my flowerpot. After we painted, we all took a tour of the factory and got to see how the pottery gets made, starting with the rocks. It was actually really interesting. We get to pick up our pieces next week, and I can't wait to see how they turn out.
It was a long fun day!
Sydney had a great day with nana and grandpa!
On Saturday, Chris met up with his friend Dave for a 10 mile run. He's running in the mini next weekend and has really been training hard. While he was out, I was playing battle of the wills with Sydney. She insisted on eating her breakfast like this.
Every time I told her to sit down she laughed. Goodness, she's fiesty. I do love her spirit, even if it scares me.
On Saturday night, we went over to Dan and Sherri's house for a cook-out with them and Megan and Jon. It was so much fun. Rolfe, Soley and Maddie played and played and played. They ran around until they were red in the face.
Taking a break for dinner!
I looked down and saw Jalen and Mya sharing a chair. They were so cute.
At one point, Sydney's shoe fell off and Jalen tried to help her with it. They worked on it for a solid ten minutes but couldn't get it. So sweet.
The kids had so much fun playing together and us parents had great conversation and fun too. Before we left, Rolfe shouted "GROUP HUG!" and the three big kids hugged. I loved it.
Sunday morning, we headed to church and did some errands after. The girls at the Cabela's fish tank.

It rained pretty much all day Sunday so we primarily hung out at home.
We painted some noodles and plan to make necklaces and bracelets tomorrow. I gave Sydney a paint with water book but she wasn't having any of that. Since Maddie had real paint, she had to have it too. She wound up with a painted belly and face. Fun times!

It rained pretty much all day Sunday so we primarily hung out at home.
We painted some noodles and plan to make necklaces and bracelets tomorrow. I gave Sydney a paint with water book but she wasn't having any of that. Since Maddie had real paint, she had to have it too. She wound up with a painted belly and face. Fun times!













No comments:
Post a Comment