Monday, April 27, 2015

Daddy Runs Another Mini-Marathon!

Chris ran his second mini-marathon in 6 months this weekend. He ran 13.1 miles (half was in the rain) and did awesome!
It was gross out so I didn't take the girls with me. My neighbors joined me and we met up with Danielle to cheer on the runners. We had made posters on Friday so we held up the posters and shouted for the guys as they passed. He's in all black here at the 9th mile marker. I didn't get his running partner, Dave, in the pic. They shaved more than one minute per mile off their time from October. 

Daddy is already planning his next race--he's a running machine!

On Friday, I took the girls to the science center at Madeline's request.
The girls had a great time!

Sydney is obsessed with water fountains. Which is probably why her body is obsessed with croup. EW.

We are SO CLOSE to getting her all the way in a bubble. She works on her technique every time.

Friday night we went to the Great Balloon Race with tia. She was in her element at Bowman Field. This is where she flies out of, so she is here a lot. She also passed her written portion of her Pilot's License test on Friday. BIG STUFF. Now she has her oral component and I will have a sister who is a pilot. (CRAZY, right?)


 Maddie was very into the balloons. Sydney was very into her yogurt. 

Group shot!

This is the plane Mercedes flies the most. Next up: 747's! 

Saturday, daddy had his race in the morning. We went to church that night and came home with some friends to celebrate the mini. Pizza party!



I had a great picture of the two runners - I thought - but it came out blurry when I looked at it. Boo.

Sunday we did some errands.

We ran into Hudson at Lowe's!

Then grabbed some Qdoba!

Then, we let the littles burn off steam.

Sunday night we grilled out with nana and grandpa! Yummy.

What a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment