Madeline has decided she's officially over diapers. She wears her undies all day (a pull-up for sleeping) and is doing great! She stayed dry the entire day today!
I've learned my lesson with her now. She will do things when she wants to. And, if she seems behind, she'll get caught up. Quickly.
I've said before Madeline was a late talker. In fact, when most kids her age were babbling or trying to talk she stayed silent. Then, one day she started talking. Like, full sentences. She totally skipped the phase of indiscriminate words. Now she is one of the best talkers in her class. (Obviously, in her genes.)
Same goes for potty training. A lot of kids in her class were training at their 2nd birthday. Maddie didn't really have much interest. And, of course, being paranoid I thought she'd be four in the two year old room putting her own diaper on. Then, one day she decided she was over that nonsense and, within a week went from part-time panties to full-time.
I'm guessing we'll see this a lot with her as she continues to grow up.
Just doing her own thing, on her time.
***
My good friend Kathryn moved to North Caroline awhile ago and came in for a visit. All of my work girls got together for a yummy catch-up at Mojito!
Me, Lauren and Jennifer.
So, as this pic was being taken, I KNEW my arm would look funky. And, it did. Sigh.
Carla, Kathryn and Stephanie
I have to admit, I have gotten SUPER lucky so far with this summer weather. Just when it was getting H-O-T, it got cool. (I still will always pity pregnant women in the summer.) We've been enjoying the swing set!
Notice Maddie lifted up off the seat. This is her new thing. She likes to swing from ANYTHING. She can hold her weight pretty easily and will dangle from any bar or rope she can find. I wish she wouldn't.
Daredevil.
Tonight we had some fun with play doh!
This week is half-over! Looking forward to a great weekend!







No comments:
Post a Comment