Saturday, April 27, 2013

Small, but mighty.

Maddie never ceases to amaze me. She's one of the smallest two year olds I know, but at the same time, she's one of the mightiest. (With one of the biggest personalities!)

We went to CFA Kids Night on Thursday and she loved it! I tried to take her to the toddler zone while we waited for daddy, but she was having none of it. She climbed right up in the play place with the rest of the big kids and made her way through.

After playing and a visit with the cow, she ate a happy meal and had a treat.

Daddy took us to Cabela's (his new sanctuary. I get it. It's how I feel in the Macy's 'home' section and how Maddie feels in PB Kids.) where Maddie and I hung out by the fish tank.

We went to Beard's to fix the lawnmower.

I thought she'd be content on the rocker, but she sat on the tractor, and immediately turned the wheel. It didn't move so she looked up and said, "Hey mommy, I need the key." Like I would let her take a spin on that thing.

After Beard's we stopped at All about Kids for an hour. Maddie played HARD. She never stopped running. I asked her to wait for daddy to go up the big slide since I couldn't go. She looked at me and sighed, "I'll just go myself." Just last month I had to carry her up this ladder, and now she's doing it on her own!


This picture cracks me up. This is literally what she looked like while we were there. 
She was sweating and out of breath by the time I caught her, an hour later. 

Then, Chris and I went to a baby shower to celebrate with our good friends Jacob and Liz. They are expecting their first, a boy. We are so excited for them!

While we were gone, Madeline stayed at home with our friend Tara. She told Tara TWICE, "Mommy said I can do whatever I want." Where does she learn that? What I actually said was, "Maddie, daddy and I are leaving. Please listen to Tara. No whining. Have fun! I love you." Evidently, she hears what she wants. We are grateful for having such a sweet friend who loves Maddie so much!

But, who doesn't love this face??

No comments:

Post a Comment