I finally took a bump picture so I thought it might be time for a bump date.
How far along? 17 weeks
Baby is the size of: Onion!
Maternity Clothes? I am still wearing my regular jeans, but have started to wear looser, larger tops. I did get out all of my maternity clothes and washed them so I'm all set for the day I cannot button my jeans!
Stretch Marks? None that I can see. I have been putting on cream regularly though!
Sleep? So-so. I wake up every night to go to the bathroom and sometimes have some crazy weird, vivid dreams.
Movement? I have actually felt a few flutters this week!
Cravings? Red wine (sad face.) Also, sour patch kids and toaster strudels. Oh, and any kind of cookie. All in moderation, right?!
Gender? We find out in less than 3 weeks! Because this pregnancy is so different from the first one, I really think it has to be a boy. But, something has been telling me girl....either way, I think I will be really surprised. And, really happy!!
Belly Button In or Out? In.
What I miss: Sleeping through the night, eating without gagging, wearing jeans without having a muffin top.
Symptoms: Actually, this pregnancy has been much easier considering I'm not vomiting nearly as much. I do, however, get random bouts of metal mouth (dysgeusia), and I'm going to the bathroom every 27 minutes. (I thought that didn't happen until later???) I am constantly hungry, but then feel "full" after only eating about half as much as normal. So, basically, I'm just snacking through the day. Fruit, yogurt, pretzels, peanuts, etc, etc.
Best moment of the week? Starting to feel a little movement. I am so so excited to really feel the kicks!
What I am looking forward to: Knowing the gender! We have a lot to do to get the baby's room prepared and I think I will be much more motivated once I know if baby H is a boy or girl! We need to totally clean out the nursery and then move all of the baby furniture in. Choosing paint, choosing bedding, hanging closet shelves, buying a whole new wardrobe if it's a boy....augh! I'm stressing myself out so I'll stop.
Depending on what I wear, I can look pregnant or not pregnant. For example, here's what I wore to work today.
And, here I am, 5 minutes later, in a tank top. (Many neighbors drove by while we were taking these. They had to think we were nuts as I stood outside in 40 degrees in a tank top!)
For comparison sake, the below is me at 19 weeks with Madeline. I like to take my bump pictures in the same outfit so I can really compare. :)
17 weeks--pregnancy 2 19 weeks - pregnancy 1
The only thing I can think of when I see this is that I am in desperate need of a tan. Please, summer, I am BEGGING you. It is TIME.
In Maddie - news, the transition to "big girl" bed is going OK. She is still moving around A LOT. One night she even fell out of her bed but managed to stay asleep on the floor. (We put her back in.) She is also jumping all over the place. She recently learned to jump and thinks she has to hop everywhere. Next week, she is in a derby parade at school where she is dressing up like a firecracker. Pretty fitting! I cannot wait to see her marching in the parade. She has been asking to go back to gymnastics so I need to get her enrolled soon.
Time for this mama to settle in for some Survivor! Happy Wednesday!

.jpg)
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment