Wednesday, April 3, 2013

My first bumpdate!

My friend Danielle regularly posted bump dates during her pregnancy with Hudson and I always thought it was a neat way to journal the pregnancy. I'm going to try to do them every few weeks just so I can remember the journey!

How far along? 14 weeks 

Baby is the size of: Lemon - which is interesting, because I LOOK like the baby is the size of a small pumpkin. Not quite sure how THAT memo was missed. (FYI: NOT a myth that you start showing earlier the second time. Thanks non-existent stomach muscles.)


Maternity Clothes? Not yet! My jeans are getting tighter every day, so we'll see how much longer I can hold on! 

Stretch Marks? Not yet! I'm a little nervous this time around because I am already showing so I need to get some stretch mark cream a.s.a.p!

Sleep? Getting better. For the first several months, I was waking up every night to go to the bathroom. That seems to have ceased so hoping I can start sleeping better!

Movement? I cannot feel anything yet! With Madeline, I felt her move my 20th week, so I might have some time to go. I can't wait!

Cravings? Nothing major yet, except iron-foods. When I start taking a second helping of spinach salad, you know my iron is low! I've been taking iron supplements and praying my iron doesn't drop as dramatically as it did with Madeline.

Gender? Only time will tell! May 13th is our date for the reveal! I honestly have NO feelings about what this sweet baby is. 

Belly Button In or Out? In.

What I miss: ENERGY! I have been extremely tired and that's hard working full-time. After working 9 hours, cooking dinner and playing with Madeline, I am totally worn out. Fortunately, Chris has been his usual non-step self and picking up a lot of the household chores while I rest. I can say the energy seems to be slowly coming back as I move further into the second trimester and I'm psyched!

Symptoms: Non-stop nausea from week 3 (I knew I was pregnant immediately b/c I was THAT girl who thought she had the stomach flu) with some vomiting mixed in. Although, it has not been nearly as extreme as the first time around and I am so grateful for that!

Best moment of the week? I talked to Madeline about moving to a big girl bed this weekend because the baby was going to sleep in her crib. She looked at me and said, "the baby can have my bunny too." She has slept with her PB Kids Sleep Bunny since birth so this was a pretty thoughtful thing for her say. 

What I am looking forward to: Looking pregnant, instead of just chubby!

This pregnancy is moving quickly and it's partially because I'm running after this one!






2 comments:

  1. how sweet that Maddie is giving up her bunny....I think you look great...enjoy the time now.... things will be so much crazier after baby 2... Love Nana Hughes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you are doing this! So sweet of Maddie to offer her bunny! Good luck with the big girl bed transition!

    ReplyDelete