Monday, June 4, 2012

BERMUDA!!

Last Friday, Chris and I closed on the house.  On Saturday, we left for our first official adults-only vacation. We'd taken a long weekend and spent a few days in Atlanta, but this was our first official week-long trip away from Madeline. After long weeks preparing to sell the house, we were due for a vacation. 

Bermuda exceeded all of our expectations! It was GORGEOUS, the weather was perfect, and Chris and I really enjoyed our time together. We cannot wait to go back. Here are a few photos from the week:

Beach after gorgeous beach


Oldest church in Western Hemisphere--from 1600's 

Traditional Bermuda home with roof designed to collect rainwater





 Hiking the South Shore beaches


It was so hard to leave little Madeline. I am a firm believer though that parents need some time to themselves and that kids need some grandparents-only time so I knew it was for the best.  She stayed with both sets of grandparents for four nights each. Chris and I are so grateful that our parents were able to watch our sweet girl for us while we had some "just for parents" time. We looked at pictures of her everyday...and I know she had a BLAST!

 Observing the action in the pool

Playing in the pool with her cousin Adalyn  (yes, I realize they are Adalyn and Madeline...I didn't think about that when we named Maddie, but I think it's sweet!)

 Swimming with grandpa Hartman


Happy Monday! Hope everyone has a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment