I'm wrapping up the 23rd week and will be heading into month 6 on Saturday- WOW!
This week baby is working hard on learning to breathe on her own- her blood vessels in her lungs are developing to prepare for life outside the womb. Her ears are beginning to hear "familiar" noises- for baby Hughes, this is most likely the barking and noise of her crazy dog, Stella.

"So far, I'm excited to get a little sister. She already has a lot of cool toys that I carry in my mouth until I get in trouble."
Baby is weighing in at just over a pound and will continue to grow at quick rates.
Here's the bump at week 23:

As you can see, baby girl is starting to make her presence known. I get no fewer than 2-3 comments a day on my belly. They range from "Oh, I love your sweet belly." to "You don't really LOOK pregnant. You kind of just look like you've been eating at a lot of buffets." That came from a boy so I didn't take it personal. But, actually, I think I would rather look pregnant then like I'd been frequenting Golden Corral. Ha.
Cheers to short work weeks! Looking forward to spending time with family in Lexington!
We are so excited that it's getting close! Maybe we will be able to follow in James' footsteps and instead of Daddy's Addy she will be Granddaddy's Maddy. Whatever the name, we'll sure it will fit her perfectly.
ReplyDeleteLove, Grandma and Grandpa Hartman
Forgot to add that Stella's picture looks like it ought to be on a dog food commercial.
ReplyDeleteLove Mom